By Mary Eagleton
- Introduces readers to the large scope of feminist concept during the last 35 years.
- Guides scholars alongside the leading edge of present feminist theory.
- Suitable for college students and students of all fields touched by means of feminist thought.
- Covers an incredibly large diversity of disciplines, discourses and feminist positions.
- Organised round options instead of colleges of feminism.
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
"Are you bored with examining bestsellers that you simply can’t bear in mind per week later? Is your ebook workforce operating out of serious decisions? Take a unique method of the various maximum tales ever informed. a unique inspiration: a brand new examine a few previous Books deals thirty-six vintage works of literature, awarded with plot synopses, dialogue questions and new insights into what makes those books either undying and well timed.
Lengthy on the centre of the modernist undertaking, from modifying Eliot's The Waste Land to publishing Joyce, Pound has additionally been a provocateur and instigator of recent hobbies, whereas beginning a brand new poetics. this can be the 1st quantity to summarize and examine the a number of contexts of Pound's paintings, underlining the significance of his contribution and drawing on new archival, textual and theoretical stories.
A disproportionate variety of male writers, together with such figures as Amiri Baraka, Larry Neal, Maulana Karenga, and Haki Madhubuti, stay credited for developing the long-lasting and ideological foundations for what will be perpetuated because the Black artwork flow. although there has arisen an expanding volume of scholarship that acknowledges best girls artists, activists, and leaders of this era, those new views haven't begun to acknowledge thoroughly the methods girls aspired to way over an insignificant dismantling of male-oriented beliefs.
R. ok. Narayan's acceptance as one of many founding figures of Indian writing in English is re-examined during this complete examine of his fiction, which bargains special readings of all his novels. Arguing opposed to perspectives that experience obvious Narayan as a chronicler of "authentic" Indianness, John Thieme locates his fiction by way of its particular South Indian contexts and cultural geography and its non-Indian intertexts.
- Nation & Narration
- Novel Characters: A Genealogy
- Blackness and Value: Seeing Double (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture)
- The Generation Starship in Science Fiction: A Critical History, 1934–2001
Additional resources for A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) by Mary Eagleton